Teaching at The Bridge School
If you like what you’ve read on our website and feel this is the place for you to thrive as a teacher, please keep reading! We accept resumes year round in anticipation of our annual hiring process in the spring.
Who We Hire
We seek innovative and passionate teachers who want to be part of our vibrant learning community. We anticipate hiring at least one additional teacher per year for the next few years as we plan to grow into a K-6 elementary school by 2015.
We Seek Teachers Who…
- Love supporting students’ individual academic and social growth
- Enjoy helping students to develop their own voices and learning strategies
- Are comfortable working with parents in the classroom
- Enjoy working with multiple age and skill levels within a classroom
- Have experience designing and delivering curriculum
- Are flexible, innovative, and nurturing
- Are excited to help shape the future of a new school
- Have a passion for connecting children to nature and their community
- Have additional specialty skills such as speaking a second language, art, music, special education or teaching gifted students.
What You Can Expect
- A ton of parent support
- A supportive and committed teaching team
- A place to use your creativity and grow as an instructor
- An opportunity to help shape a school from the beginning
- Competitive compensation.
To Apply, Please Prepare the Following
- A one page typed narrative stating:
- Why you wish to teach at The Bridge School
- The exceptional strengths/skills that you will bring to our learning community.
- Current resume with three references
- Copies of all teaching certificates held
- Completed Bridge School Employment Application
Send all completed application materials to us either by email:
Or by standard mail:
The Bridge School
P.O. Box 48074
Burien, WA 98148