Applying to The Bridge School
Application Procedure: Core Academic Program
Our Core Academic Program runs during the regular school year on Monday- Thursday.
We are honored that you are exploring The Bridge School as a potential educational program for your child and family. The decision regarding how to best support your child’s education is among the most important a parent can make and we hope learning more about us through our website, classroom observation and Open House will help you decide whether our program is the right fit for you.
The Bridge School serves children ages 5-11 and we use age-based designations for our classes rather than grades. This translates to grades K-5, and students completing our program will be ready to enter 6th grade at another school.
To enroll in The Bridge School Core Academic Program, a child must have reached five years of age by August 31st for the enrollment year.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All Required Application Steps below must be complete by February 21, 2020. Completed applications submitted after this date will be evaluated on a rolling basis with acceptance made based on space available. Click on links below for forms and to schedule visits.
- Attend an Informational Open House – children welcome to attend
- Read the The Bridge School – Letter to Prospective Families
Required Application Steps:
- Complete Parent Inquiry Form
- Attend Prospective Parent Observation – click link to schedule
- Complete Online New Student Application
- Submit New Student Application Fee – $85
- Attend Student visit – schedule by contacting email@example.com (Step 4 must be complete to schedule)
- Submit Teacher Evaluation Form – forward the approprate link below or print and give to your child’s current teacher.
- Students Ages 5-6 (entering from preschool)
- Students Ages 6-11
Application Procedure: Creative Enrichment Workshops & Cedar Play School
Creative Enrichment Workshops and Cedar Play School are held on Fridays throughout the school year. Many of our Core Academic Program students participate in these and they are also open to the community; we welcome home schooling students to join us!
Creative Enrichment Workshop sessions start in September, January and March and applications are accepted until the first workshop of the session meets. Applications for Cedar Play School are accepted on a rolling basis; we encourage a short visit with your child prior to applying.
For full descriptions: Creative Enrichment Course Descriptions – 2020-2021
Required Application Steps:
Return the following to The Bridge School / P.O. Box 48074 / Burien, WA 98148
- Creative Enrichment Enrollment Application 2020-2021
- Homeschooling Families, please complete the following forms:
- Enrolling more than one child? See “Applying for Financial Aid” below and submit an application for a 10% tuition reduction for additional siblings.
Core Academic Program Tuition for 2020-2021
- Application Fee: $85
- Registration Fee: $400
- Annual Tuition – Part Day (8:30am-1pm): $5610
- Annual Tuition – Full Day (8:30am-3pm) – $6600
Creative Enrichment Program Tuition for 2019-2020 & 2020-2021
- Application Fee: $25
- Creative Enrichment Workshop Tuition: $200-$550 per workshop
- Cedar Play School Annual Tuition: $1000
Applying for Financial Aid
The Bridge School strives to remain accessible to all families regardless of make-up, work schedules or life situations while maintaining our commitment to a cooperative model. In an effort to recognize and value each family’s time, talents and financial ability, we offer several tuition and financial assistance options.
The Yeargin Scholarship Fund offers a limited number of scholarships for families with demonstrated financial need. Yeargin Scholarships are combined with all other scholarship awards to cover a maximum of 50% of Core Academic tuition. Awards are made in the spring for the following school year.
Please complete The Bridge School Financial Aid Application and the online SSS Parent Financial Statement to apply.
Additional siblings enrolled in the Core Academic Program and other programs at The Bridge School are eligible for a reduction in the standard tuition rate. Younger siblings in the Core Academic Program qualify for 20% reduction in tuition; all other programs offer a 10% reduction in tuition for younger siblings enrolled concurrently.
Please complete The Bridge School Financial Aid Application (above) to apply.
We have a small, dedicated fund to assist Core Academic Program students age 8 and older who are interested in the Bridge to Broadway Creative Enrichment Workshop. Please complete The Bridge School Financial Aid Application (above) or inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We have a limited amount of financial aid reserved for families experiencing unexpected emergencies during the school year. Scholarships are awarded for up to two months and cover a maximum of 50% of Core Academic tuition.
Please complete the Temporary Scholarship Request Form to apply.